Cults List of False Religions
- CULTS – INTRO
- WHAT IS A CULT? (SEE ALSO #13)
- CULTS DATE BACK TO CAIN AND ARE INSTIGATED BY SATAN
- TEST THE SPIRITS
- SHOULD CHRISTIANS BE HOSPITABLE TO CULT MEMBERS? JOHN MACARTHUR
- THE CULTS & DECEIVERS APPEAR TO BE TEACHERS OF GOD
- DARKNESS DOES NOT UNDERSTAND; THEY DISTORT THE BIBLE & SAY THE DECEASED ARE IN HEAVEN WHEN THEY ACTUALLY ARE IN HELL
- GOSPEL & WHY DO PEOPLE REJECT GOD’S WORD. SOME WARNINGS & ADVICE FROM THE SCRIPTURES
- HOW MANY DECEIVERS, CULTS, FALSE CHURCHES & PREACHERS ARE THERE?
- HOW MANY CULTS TAKE THE WAY THAT LEADS TO DESTRUCTION?
- WOULD PETER & PAUL BE CONSIDERED CULT LEADERS TODAY?
- HOW WERE JESUS CHRIST & JOHN THE BAPTIST PERCEIVED?
- BEING NARROW-MINDED
- WHAT IS THE BIBLICAL DEFINITION OF A CULT?
- BRIEF CULT & OCCULT LIST AND RELATED ITEMS; BRIEF OUTLINE OF SOME ERRORS
- CULT LIST DETAIL – (A THRU Z)
- CULTS & DECEIT ARE NOT THE ONLY DEVICES SATAN USES TO MISLEAD PEOPLE. SOME OTHERS:
- FINAL SUMMATION ON CULTS; BIBLICAL PROOF: RELIGIONS THAT ADD, CHANGE, DISCREDIT, OR TAKE AWAY FROM THE BIBLE (NO MATTER WHAT THE SOURCE) ARE NOT FROM GOD (See #7)
“BEWARE of those whose FAITH is based on their own: IDEAS, FEELINGS, and what THEY THINK is right– RATHER than on what GOD’S WORD says!” TRUST in JESUS & in GOD’S unfailing WORD!” [Matthew 7:24-27]
- AFRICA(General information)
- ALAMO CHRISTIAN FOUNDATION
- ANCESTOR WORSHIP
- ANGLO-ISRAELISM (See Christian Identity Movement)
- ANTHROPOSOPHICAL SOCIETY
- ARMSTRONGISM (Worldwide Church of God) (and The Plain Truth Magazine)
- ARTHUR FORD
- ASSEMBLIES OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST (See United Pentecostals)
- ASTRAL PROJECTION
- ASTROLOGY (and Horoscopes)
- AUTOMATIC WRITING
- BIBLE WAY CHURCHES OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST (See United Pentecostals)
- BLACK MAGIC
- BLACK MUSLIM
- BOOKS ON THE OCCULT
- BOSTON CHURCH OF CHRIST (See Church of Christ)
- BRITISH ISRAELISM
- CABALA (or Kabbalah)
- CATHOLIC CHURCH
- CHILDREN OF GOD
- CHRISTIAN FAMILY FELLOWSHIP
- CHRISTIAN IDENTITY MOVEMENT (Anglo-Israelism)
- CHRISTIAN SCIENCE (Church of Christ—Scientist)
- CHURCH OF ARMAGEDDON
- CHURCH OF CHRIST
- CHURCH UNIVERSAL AND TRIUMPHANT
- CROSSROADS MOVEMENT (See Church of Christ)
- CRYSTAL BALLS
- CURSING (Putting a curse on others)
- DISCIPLING MOVEMENT (See Church of Christ)
- DIVINE LIGHT MISSION
- DRUG ‘TRIPS’DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS (The so-called game)
- EASTERN MYSTICISM
- EASTERN STAR
- EASTERN PHILOSOPHIES
- EDGAR CAYCE
- EMERGENT CHURCH
(a False Teaching – not apart of Amazing Bibles Originaly list)
- ENCHANTMENTS (See Fortunetelling)
- END TIME MOVEMENTS
- EXTRA SENSORY PERCEPTION (E.S.P.)
- FAMILIAR SPIRITS
- FARM (See The Farm)
- FIRE PSYCHE BY CANDLES
- FIRST CHURCH OF CHRIST SCIENTIST (See Christian Science)
- FOUNDATION OFHUMAN UNDERSTANDING
- FREEMASON – MASONS – FREEMASONRY
- HALLOWEEN (See Fortunetelling)
- HANDWRITING ANALYSIS
- HARE KRISHNA
- HOROSCOPES (See Astrology)
- HOW TO HAVE PERFECT FAITH
- HUMANISTIC PHILOSOPHY
- I AM MOVEMENT
- IDOLS: ANKH
- IDOLS: ITALIAN HORN
- IDOLS: ZODIAC SIGNS
- INDIAN CEREMONIES
- INDIA (See Hinduism)
- INNER PEACE MOVEMENT
- INTERNATIONAL CHURCH OF CHRIST (See Church of Christ)
- JEAN DIXON
- JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES (and The Watchtower Magazine)
- JESUS ONLY (Say there is no Trinity)
- JOB’S DAUGHTERS
- KABBALAH (Also Cabala)
- KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
- KRISHNA CONSCIOUSNESS
- LATTER RAIN / NEW APOSTOLIC REFORMATION / MODERN DAY PROPHET
(a False Teaching – not apart of Amazing Bibles Originaly list)
- LIFE SPRING
- MAGIC, CHARMS, SPELLS
- MARTIAL ARTS
- MEDIUMS (See Fortunetelling)
- MILLENNIAL DARNISM
- MIND CONTROL
- MIND IDOLATRY
- MOONIES (Unification Church)
- MORMONISM (The Latter Day Saints)
- MOSLEMS (See Islam)
- MULTIPLYING MINISTRIES (See Church of Christ)
- MUSLIMS (BLACK) (See Black Muslim)
- NECROMANCY (See Fortunetelling)
- NEW AGE DOCTRINES
- NEW AGE THINKING
- NEW THOUGHT
- OBSERVER OF TIMES (See Fortunetelling, Astrology)
- ONENESS PENTECOSTALS (See also United Pentecostal)
- ORDER OF THE ARROW
- OUIJA BOARDS
- PAGAN RELIGIONS
- PALM READING
- PSYCHIC HEALING
- PSYCHIC PORTRAITS
- RAINBOW GIRLS
- REIGN OF FATHER DIVINE
- ROCK GROUPS AND STARS
- ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
- ROSICRUCIAN FELLOWSHIP
- SATAN WORSHIP
- SCIENTOLOGY (The teachings of L. Ron Hubbard)
- SECRET BROTHERHOODS
- SECRET SISTERHOODS
- SELF REALIZATION FELLOWSHIP
- SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTISM
- SHEPHERD’S CHAPEL
- SILVA MIND CONTROL
- SOUL TRAVEL
- SPIRITISM (The Cult of Antiquity)
- STATUES (Venus, etc.)
- SUPERSTITIONS: BREAKING A MIRROR
- SUPERSTITIONS: FEAR OF BLACK CATS
- SUPERSTITIONS: GOOD LUCK CHARMS
- SUPERSTITIONS: SALT OVER SHOULDER
- SWEDENBORGIANISM (The Church of New Jerusalem)
- TABLE TIPPING
- TAROT CARDS
- TEA LEAF READING
- THEOPHOSTICS (a False Teaching – not apart of on Amazing Bibles Original list)
- THE FARM
- THE WALK
- THE WAY INTERNATIONAL
- THE WEIGH DOWN DIET (Founder Gwen Shamblin)
- THIRD DAY CHURCH
- THIRD EYE
- T.M. (Transcendental Meditation)
- TRANCE DIAGNOSIS
- TWO BY TWO ’S
- UNIFICATION CHURCH (The teachings of Moon)
- UNITED APOSTOLIC CHURCH (See United Pentecostals)
- UNITED PENTECOSTALS
- UNITY (School of Christianity)
- VEDANTA SOCIETY
- WART CHARMING
- WATER WITCHING
- WAY INTERNATIONAL (See The Way International)
- WHITE MAGIC
- WISHING ON A STAR
- WITCH (See Fortunetelling)
- WIZARDS (See Fortunetelling)
- WORLDWIDE CHURCH OF GOD (See Armstrongism)
- ZEN BUDDHISM
1 – Cults – Intro
All man-made religions and philosophies are darkness. ONLY JESUS IS LIGHT.
- John 8:12 Then spake Jesus…, saying, I am the light of the World: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
Darkness is spiritual death. In the absence of light there is only darkness and death. Jesus is the only door to the Father. It is not the Catholic Church, man-made religions, your own ideas, false Christs, false prophets, philosophies, or any other way—only Jesus.
It has been said, THE BIBLE CAN KEEP YOU FROM SIN, OR SIN CAN KEEP YOU FROM THE BIBLE. Which do you believe is more pleasing to God-a meek, childlike, attitude toward His Word, God’s correction and instruction; or a stubborn, angry, doubleminded, unrepentant, and rebellious attitude?
2 – What is a Cult?
The Branch Davidians in Waco, Texas were a Cult. Jim Jones and his group was a Cult. He originally led the People’s Temple in San Francisco and then moved his group to Guyana. Heaven’s Gate was a Cult. In another case, reportedly 530 people perished in Kampala, Africa in a mass Suicide. Their group was called the Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God. Previously, another ex-Catholic priest reportedly murdered nine women in his sect. Some Cults have famous Movie Stars as members. The list goes on and on. Some can bring forth violence. The vast Majority & Peaceful and do not.
The question arises, how can we identify a cult? There are many varied views on what a cult really is from the world ’s perspective, and then there is what is truly a cult in the eyes of a Holy God according to the Scriptures. Most cults believe their way is the only way to heaven. Others do not even believe in heaven. Some do not believe in hell, Satan, or the Bible. Some do not believe people sin. Some proclaim that everyone is a god, while others trust that man-made idols are gods. Some adhere to reincarnation, others to annihilation. Many teach you can earn your way into heaven. The list goes on and on. Some define a cult as any group with a charismatic leader or any group of people that are on fire for Jesus Christ.
Some define a cult as anything that they disagree with or do not understand. In other words to them, a cult is any doctrine that disagrees with theirs.
Many cults use the Bible and Bible terminology. On the surface they may sound very biblical to those not well-grounded in the Scriptures or not well-informed of the cult ’s doctrine. They skillfully combine biblical truth mixed with error and falsehood, leading many astray. People often get involved in these not realizing their true doctrine.
Biblically, a cult may be defined as those that have added to, changed, or eliminated those things that are considered the fundamentals of Bible doctrine. This would include those that follow another God, another Jesus, another Gospel, or another way of salvation. This could include those that do not confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh-ref 1 John 4:2,3; 2 John 7 or do not believe there is ONE GOD-ref Mal 2:10; Mark 12:32; Rom 3:30; 1 Cor 8:6; Eph 4:6; 1 Tim 2:5; Ja 2:19. The ONE GOD is manifested in three, eternally existing Persons: God the Father, and God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit-ref Matt 28:19; 1 John 5:7.
The bigger a cult is, the more credibility it seems to have in this sinful world.
3 – Cults Date Back to Cain and Are Instigated By Satan
The father of lies, cult doctrines, and trying to deceive people to think God’s Word does not mean what it says is Satan-ref Gen 3:1-7, John 8:44.
Cults are not something new. It may be said that they go back to the days of Cain-ref Gen 4:3-7.
Many of the Pharisees, Herodians, Sadducees, lawyers, and scribes in the days of Jesus were deceived teachers.
In 2 Timothy 2:17-18, we have a cult. Its purpose was to deceive people and overthrow the faith of some.
- 2 Timothy 2:17-18 Hymenaeus and Philetus; Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
- 2 Timothy 3:5 speaks of a type of cult that appears godly but is not.
- 2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
Cults such as Buddhism, Yoga, Zen, and some so-called Christian sects can fit this description.
4 – Test the Spirits
- 1 John 4:1-6 (NASB) “Beloved, do NOT believe EVERY spirit (those claiming to speak by the spirit), but TEST the SPIRITS to see whether they are from FROM GOD, because MANY FALSE PROPHETS have gone out into the WORLD. 2) By this you know the SPIRIT OF GOD: EVERY SPIRIT that confesses that JESUS CHRIST has come in the FLESH is from GOD; 3) and EVERY SPIRIT that does NOT confess JESUS is NOT from GOD; this is the spirit of the ANTICHRIST, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already IN the WORLD. 4) You are from God, little children, and have OVERCOME them; because GREATER is HE who is IN you than he who is IN the WORLD. 5) They are from the WORLD; therefore they SPEAK as from the WORLD, and the WORLD LISTENS to them. 6) We are from GOD; he who KNOWS GOD LISTENS to us; he who is NOT from GOD does NOT LISTEN to us. By this we know the SPIRIT OF TRUTH and the SPIRIT OF ERROR.”
- Note: MANY are FALSE PROPHETS & FALSE TEACHERS (Read also: Matthew 24:11). We are to test the spirits, the religions, denominations, Bible schools, churches, preachers, prophets, and people.
Audio: Should Christians Be Hospitable to Cult Members? – John MacArthur
AUDIO: JOHN MACARTHUR of “Grace to You” Ministries – GTY.org. He is our Senior Pastor at Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, CA i.e. SO4J-TV’s home church.
- 1 John 1:10 (NASB) “If anyone comes to you & does NOT bring this TEACHING (Truth about CHRIST), do NOT receive him INTO your HOUSE, and do NOT give him a GREETING.”
QUOTE from JOHN MACARTHUR— “You do NOT open your home to him (a CULT MEMBER). That doesn’t mean you don’t witness somebody in the CULTS, that doesn’t mean you don’t witness to somebody in DIFFERENT RELIGION. You don’t sit down with them and try to explain, you just DON’T open your home to them; you don’t provide a haven for them, you don’t provide hospitality for them. To borrow the language from Psalm 1 you DON’T sit down with SCOFFERS, that’s DANGEROUS STUFF. So this is for protection, and this is to shut-out FALSE TEACHERS, and FALSE CULT PURVEYORS from having INFLUENCE of course on GOD’S PEOPLE.” www.MacArthurCommentaries.com & www.GTY.org
6 – The Cults & Deceivers Appear To Be Teachers of God
There is an abundance of Scripture regarding false teachers, false prophets, cults, etc. The Scriptures show clearly how skillful these can be.
- Matt 7:15 tells how they “come to you in SHEEP’S CLOTHING (they look like the real thing), but inwardly they are RAVENING WOLVES.
- Luke11:44 says regarding the Bible teachers of that time, which also applies to today, “Ye are as Graves which appear not.”
They are leading people to their death—to hell, yet they appear to be authentic. Those that follow their false teachings “are not aware of them.” Those that follow these false teachers are deceived and don’t know it. These false teachers or cults—
- Matt 23:27 Are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward.
They appear pure and holy and look really good outwardly. They look like true men of God; however, Jesus tells us that “within (they are) full of Dead men’s bones, and of all Uncleanness.”
Within, these cults are dead and have led many to spiritual death—to hell. These cults.
- 2 Cor 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
But this should be no surprise, as
- 2 Cor 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
The cults, the false teachers, prophets, and religions look like the real thing. They appear to be ministers of righteousness.
- 2 Cor 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his Ministers (Satan’s ministers) also be Transformed as the Ministers of Righteousness.
They may seem very loving and knowledgeable in the Bible or “another Gospel.” They may give large sums of money to the poor and do wonderful works. Yet they are still ministers of confusion and deceit.
7 – The Darkness Does Not Understand; They Distort The Bible and Say the Deceased Are In Heaven When They Are Actually in Hell
Satan’s ministers do not know or understand that they are Satan’s ministers. They are convinced that they are walking in truth. How horrible it has been for those that have died without Christ—without being born-again. How terrifying it is when a person dies and is in hell, yet a so-called minister of God stands over their dead body, saying he is in heaven or in a better place. It is written:
- John 1:5 “And the Light (which is Jesus, the true, narrow Way, the Truth, and the Life) shineth in the Darkness; and the Darkness Comprehended (or understood) it not.
- Matt 6:23 If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
If a person thinks his understanding is truth when it is deception or darkness, the darkness in him is great. It is hard to reach him with the truth. Even if one rose from the dead to testify to him, he may reject it.
- I John 2:11 But he that… walketh in darkness,… knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
A person that walks in deceit, does not understand that he will perish forever, because the darkness blinds him from seeing or understanding.
They sincerely believe that they are right, as did the Pharisees, scribes, lawyers, Sadducees, and others that are now in hell. Jesus proved beyond any doubt by the Word and miracles that He was from God and was God. Jesus told them plainly they were of their father the devil, yet they could not believe Him.
8 – TRUE GOSPEL & Why Do People Reject God’s Word; Some Warnings & Advice From the Scriptures
Regarding False Teachers & Cults Among You, Especially in these latter Days (#16)
Video: Gospel of Jesus Christ – SO4J-TV
(The True Gospel)
FROM SO4J-TV: “ANSWERING CHRIST’S CALL TO DISCIPLESHIP” – PHIL JOHNSON EXPLAINS: Luke 9:59-62 Phil Johnson preached an important message (this is an excerpt) from Luke 9:59-62, in our “GraceLife” Fellowship Group in the Family Center at Grace Community Church, CA .. our Senior Pastor at GCC is: John MacArthur. Phil Johnson is a Pastor (along with: Mike Riccardi) of the “GraceLife” Fellowship Group at Grace Community Church, CA (GCC), CA.Phil Johnson is the Executive Director of “Grace To You” Ministries [GTY.org], and has been closely associated with John MacArthur since 1981, and edits most of John MacArthur’s major books. He is also an Elder at Grace Community Church, CA.
Why do some Reject God’s Word? It is written,
- John 3:19-20 And this is the condemnation, that light (which is Jesus) is come into the world, and men loved darkness (or the ways of sin and Satan) rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light (which is Jesus), lest his deeds should be reproved (or exposed, or corrected).
People do not want to submit to the authority of God’s Word, so many create their own theology that fits their fleshly desires and comforts them.
Peter wrote in his letters some things that were hard to understand—
- 2 Peter 3:16 (NIV) which IGNORANT and UNSTABLE PEOPLE DISTORT, as they do the other scriptures to their own DESTRUCTION.
False teachers, who are unlearned, unstable in their walk, or don ’t understand, distort the Epistles and other Scriptures to their own destruction. They will perish to the hell that most of them believe is either an illusion, or our life on earth, or do not believe exists.
- 2 Peter 2:1 Paul warned, But there shall be FALSE TEACHERS among you, who (Secretly) shall bring in DAMNABLE HERESIES, even denying the lord that bought them,…MANY shall follow their (shameful) ways.
These false teachers shall speak evil about the way of truth. This indeed is what many cults do.
In 1 Tim 6:20-21, Timothy is warned to turn away from or avoid godless chatter and opposing ideas of what is falsely called science. Some people that disobey this have erred and wandered from the faith.
Timothy is further warned not to GIVE HEED TO FABLES (or myths) AND ENDLESS GENEALOGIES. The reason is that these promote controversies rather than GODLY EDIFYING WHICH IS IN FAITH-ref 1 Tim 1:4.
- 1 Timothy 1:4 Neither GIVE HEED TO FABLES (or myths) and ENDLESS GENEALOGIES, which minister questions, rather than GODLY EDIFYING WHICH IS IN FAITH
Paul obviously had warned the people about religious deception and false teachers and false Gospels. Yet just as it was in Paul ’s time, so it is today. Some people will not humble themselves and hearken to Godly counsel, or even to this material, because they have no inner desire to repent, to change, and to walk by faith.
- Galatians 1:6-9 Paul said, I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or AN ANGEL FROM HEAVEN, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Many cult leaders had demon spirits or false angels appear to them. Afterward, they started false religions that in some way distorted the Bible. Those false teachers and cults will indeed be accursed.
- 2 John 1:10-11 If there come ANY unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
Many have been led down the road to error when they disobeyed this Scripture.
Most of Matt 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21 are dealing with the latter days that we now living in and the times that are soon to follow.
When Jesus was asked about His return, the first sign of many He referred to in all three chapters was religious deception. Many times He warned about religious deception and being led astray in this age, as if it would be worse than at any time in the history of the Church. In other words, cults would abound.
- Matthew 24:4; Mark 13:5; Luke 21:8 Jesus answered and said unto them, TAKE HEED that NO MAN DECEIVE YOU.
In other words, if you are not on your guard, you may be deceived.
A summary of some things He said—Many shall be deceived. Many shall say they are the Christ.
People shall say, Here is Christ. Many false prophets shall arise. They shall show great signs and wonders. Jesus said, I HAVE TOLD YOU BEFORE or in advance. If you have read this article, you can ’t say you didn’t know. Indeed, these prophecies have been fulfilled. An estimated 25,000 people in the world are now claiming they are the Christ. Multitudes of false prophets have arisen. Some are listed under “BRIEF CULT AND OCCULT LIST.” Multitudes of new cults have arisen in just the last 150 years, and the number just keeps growing.
9 – How Many Deceivers, Cults, False Churches and Preachers are There? Is the Answer Found in the Fragments of the Good Bread Taken Up In Baskets?
- 2 John 1:7 For MANY DECEIVERS are entered into the world..
- Matthew 24:11 MANY FALSE PROPHETS (or teachers) shall rise, and SHALL DECEIVE MANY.
The number of Deceivers, Cults, False Ways, False Churches, Preachers, and Deceived people are MANY.
- Matthew 16:9-12 Do you not yet understand, neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets you took up? Neither the seven loaves of the four thousand, and how many baskets ye took up? How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees? Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
Jesus was and is warning them and us to beware of the false doctrines, the cults, and false teachings.
How much false teachings will come forth? Jesus gives us the answer.
- Mark 8:19-21 When I brake the five loaves among five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? They say unto him, Twelve. And when the seven among four thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? And they said, Seven. And he said unto them, How is it that ye do not understand?
The baskets full of fragments of bread that afterward were gathered, represent the leaven or incredible spread of false doctrines. (For the student of the Bible, note that two separate occasions are mentioned.) The amount of fragmented, false doctrines that would come forth from the original bread (Jesus) (or from the pure, holy words of the Bible) would be twelve baskets from the five loaves of the five thousand, and seven baskets from the 7 loaves among four thousand. False doctrine spreads like leaven (or yeast). It multiplies many times over.
It is not enough to believe on Jesus alone, as there are many different viewpoints among the cults of who Jesus really is. A person needs to BELIEVETH ON ME (Jesus), AS THE SCRIPTURE HATH SAID-John 7:38. Are you following a fragmented, false doctrine or the real Bread of Life (Jesus)?
10 – How Many Take the Way That Leads To Destruction?
Matthew 7:13 shows clearly that many take the way that leads to destruction.
- Matthew 7:13 “Enter in at the strait GATE: for WIDE is the GATE, and BROAD is the way, that leads to DESTRUCTION, and MANY there be which go in it”
In Matt 7:14 tells that only a FEW find the way that leads to life. Even among those that find the strait gate and narrow way, only a FEW will take it and inherit Eternal Life.
- Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the GATE, and NARROW is the way, which leadeth unto life, and FEW there be that FIND IT.
In Matthew 7:21, Jesus said that not everyone that calls Him Lord, Lord shall enter heaven, BUT HE THAT DOETH THE WILL OF MY FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVEN. How many will take the wrong way and perish?
- Matthew 7:21-23 Jesus warns, Not every one that saith unto ME, “LORD, LORD”, shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he that DOETH the WILL OF MY FATHER which is in Heaven. (22) MANY will say to Me in that day, LORD, LORD, have we not PROPHESIED IN THY NAME? And in thy NAME HAVE CAST OUT DEVILS? And in thy NAME DONE MANY WONDERFUL WORKS? And then will I PROFESS UNTO THEM, I NEVER KNEW YOU: DEPART FROM ME, YE THAT WORK INIQUITY.
Matthew 7:22 indicates that the number is MANY, MANY, MANY. The word many is followed by three categories of people that believed they were saved, looked like they were saved, but were rejected by Jesus. They worked iniquity. If many, many, many perish, that only leaves a very, very, very few that inherit eternal life.
Again, in Matthew 24:11, we are told the number that get deceived are MANY. Again and again, the Scriptures are in harmony. Far, far, far more people will perish and suffer the second death than those that inherit eternal life. It is written, Gal 4:27-FOR THE DESOLATE (or those that perish without Jesus) HATH MANY MORE CHILDREN THAN SHE WHICH HATH AN HUSBAND (which are the born-again Christians). He that has a heart to understand, let him understand.
Those FEW that are not deceived are those that are DOERS OF THE WORD, AND NOT HEARERS ONLY-ref Ja 1:22. Those few are those that BELIEVETH ON ME (Jesus), AS THE SCRIPTURE HATH SAID-John 7:38. Those few are those that BUILT HIS HOUSE UPON A ROCK (which is the Jesus of the Bible)-Matt 7:24. Those few are those that are not ashamed of the Jesus of the Bible. Those few are those that build upon the truth of God ’s Word not a cult. Those that build upon the sand are those that follow their own ways and distorted views of Jesus as well as false religions and blind teachers—they will surely perish-ref Matt 7:26-27.
11 – Would Peter and Paul Be Considered Cults Leaders Today?
In today’s society, Peter, Paul, and others like them might mistakenly be considered cult leaders. Indeed, Paul was considered by many of his day a cult leader. He was called the ringleader of the sect (or movement, or cult) of the Nazarenes. It is written:
- Acts 24:5 For we have found this man (Paul) a PESTILENT FELLOW, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and A RINGLEADER OF THE SECT OF THE NAZARENES.
- Acts 28:22 But we desire to hear of thee what thou thinkest: for as CONCERNING THIS SECT, we know that EVERY WHERE it is spoken AGAINST.
12 – How Were Jesus Christ & John the Baptist Perceived?
Was Jesus Himself and John the Baptist perceived by some as cult leaders? It is written:
- Luke 7:33-34 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye YE SAY, HE HATH A DEVIL. The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!
- Matthew 11:18-19 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and THEY SAY, HE HATH A DEVIL. The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.
13 – Being Narrow Minded
Some would consider that anyone so narrow-minded as to say that there is only one way to enter heaven is certainly a cult. Yet the Bible clearly shows that Jesus is the One and only Way. It is written:
- John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE: NO MAN cometh unto the Father, but by ME.
No church can save any person. It is only by faith in the Jesus Christ of the Bible-God’s only begotten Son, Jesus Christ is God who came to this earth in human form and gave His life a ransom for those that would put their trust in Him and Him alone as their only way to enter heaven. It is written:
- Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the GATE, and NARROW IS THE WAY, which leadeth unto life, and FEW there be that FIND IT.
14 – What Is The Biblical Definition of a Cult? (Note #2)
(As #2 states), Biblically a cult may be defined as those that have changed, left out, or added to the fundamentals of Bible doctrine.
- 1 John 4:2-3 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that THIS IS THAT SPIRIT OF ANTICHRIST, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
- 2 John 1:7 For MANY DECEIVERS are entered into the World, who CONFESS NOT that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a DECEIVER AND AN ANTICHRIST.
All true, Born-Again Christians that have understanding should agree that a Biblical Definition of a Cult is any Movement, Psophy, Group, Church, or Denomination that does not believe the following:
1 – That all 66 books of the Bible are the inspired Word of God, and is for today-ref 2 Tim 3:16; Matt 4:4; 2 Pet 1:21; or does not believe
2 – that God is from everlasting to everlasting-ref Ps 90:2, or does not believe in
3 – the Trinity. There is ONE GOD-ref Mal 2:10; Mark 12:32; Rom 3:30; 1 Cor 8:6; Eph 4:6; 1 Tim 2:5; James 2:19. The ONE GOD is manifested in three, eternally existing Persons: God the Father, and God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit-ref Matt 28:19; 1 John 5:7 and many more Scriptures (see Trinity). A biblical definition of a cult is also those that do not believe
4 – that by Jesus Christ were all things created, and He is before all things-ref Col 1:16,17, or does not believe in
5 – the deity of Jesus Christ,
6 – and that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, or does not believe in
7 – the virgin birth of Jesus Christ, or
8 – the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ,
9 – and that He now sits on the right hand of God the Father making intercession for the saints, or
10 -does not teach that we are saved only by faith in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, or
11 –any that teach that a person is saved by works or works and faith, certainly is a cult, and
12 – any that do not believe Rom 3:23, ref Rom 5:12 that—
- Romans 3:23 For ALL HAVE SINNED, and come short of the Glory of God
- Romans 3:10 There is NONE RIGHTEOUS, no, not one
- Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that ALL HAVE SINNED
13 -any that believe their church, or denomination is the only way to heaven and all others are wrong would biblically be considered a cult. The only way to heaven is through faith in Jesus Christ. It is not through a specific church, denomination, or sect. Those that do not believe the following may not be considered a cult by some; however, they would certainly be considered misled.
14 – any that do not believe in a literal hell and the lake of fire. It is written—
- Revelation 20:14-15 And death and HELL were cast into the LAKE OF FIRE. This is the second death.
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the LAKE OF FIRE.
15 – any that do not believe in the Rapture of the church and the actual physical return of Jesus Christ at the time of Armageddon would certainly be misled.
- Matthew 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
- Luke 6:39 Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?
If the unsaved (the blind) lead the unsaved (the blind), both shall fall into the ditch (or perish). The Bible is very clear that a born-again Christian is not to partake of and be involved in cults or with blind leaders of the blind.
Once again, we are instructed and warned in:
- 2 John 1:9-11 WHOSOEVER transgresses, and abides not in the DOCTRINE OF CHRIST, has not God. He that abideth in the DOCTRINE OF CHRIST,, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and BRING NOT THIS DOCTRINE, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
15 – Brief Cult & Occult List and Related Topics Brief Ouline of Some Errors
Following is a list of some of the better known cults.
As has been said, the information in this document is presented in love and in the fear of God. In no way do we despise, hate, wish to insult, or persecute the people involved in these cults in any way. On the contrary—to love you is to tell you the truth. To withhold the information and truth presented would be wrong and would not be love. To hide this information and allow people to perish for eternity is not love. Indeed, some of the authors or contributors of these pages were themselves involved in some of the cults listed here, before God in His mercy opened their understanding to the Gospel and to the ONLY hope of salvation that exists—Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, Who is come in the flesh-ref 1 John 4:2,3; 2 John 1:7. We hope the information provided will cause at least some to seek the One and only God through His Word (the Bible) in humility, putting aside all preconceived ideas and fears. The God of the Bible is love-ref 1 John 4:8,16, but also
- Psalm 89:7 God is GREATLY TO BE FEARED in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him.
- Luke 9:56 For the Son of man (Jesus) is not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.
It has been said, “Error rides into the church on the back of truth.” We might relate it to receiving a nice email with an undetected virus attached. Multitudes have died unsaved, believing deception and lies that they thought were true, because they were intermixed with truth. There is nothing so tragic and far-reaching as a false way of salvation, and all the cults fit into this category.
Though estimates vary, the number of cults in the world today appear to number into the thousands.
Estimates of those today claiming to be Jesus Christ, the Christ, or a prophet of God are said to be 25,000 or more. Many also claim to be Elijah the prophet or other biblical figures.
Many of these cults use the same language born-again Christians might use; however, what they mean is very different from what the Bible teaches. They deceive the unsaved, the lukewarm Christian, as well as the unsuspecting. Jesus warned that in this generation many would be deceived.
Some people in this last generation have turned from Jesus Christ and now follow cults, as it is written—
- 1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times (which is now) some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
When God opens a person ’s understanding and they realize they are in a cult, they are commanded to come out. Some hear the voice of Satan saying to stay in the cult and try to rescue others. It is written—
- 2 Cor 6:16-17 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore COME OUT from among them, and BE YE SEPARATE, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
- Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, COME OUT of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
The Bible gives severe warnings regarding listening to and allowing cults into your home and wishing him God speed. One such Scripture is—
- 2 John 1:10-11 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine (that is walking after His commandments, confessing that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, and the doctrine of Christ), RECEIVE HIM NOT INTO YOUR HOUSE, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
Many that have disobeyed these commands have fallen back into darkness. They opened a door to Satan to deceive them again by disobeying God’s Word.
During the Tribulation, so many people will come to Christ that they cannot be numbered-ref Rev 7:9-15; however, death by decapitation lies ahead for most. Expect that many will come out of every cult. It is written
- Rev 7:9,14 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; (14) And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
The information presented regarding the various cults and countries—regarding their doctrines, beliefs, and origins, etc., is to the best of our knowledge. It is limited because of space. Your comments are welcomed. Any errors that are found, please include documentation and proof that can be verified regarding the corrections you believe should be made. Those seeking more information can consult the links at the end of this document.
In many cases, the founders of these cults claimed that God, or an angel, or some biblical figure, or aliens, or something else appeared to them (either in person or in a dream, vision, or in thought). In some cases, these appearances may have occurred over a period of time. After some figure, or vision, or some thought came to them or impressed upon them something, some then claim to be something special, or have a special revelation. Afterward, these founders may claim to be a prophet, an apostle, or someone having a special revelation or some new unique knowledge, etc. In nearly every case, it was to in some way discredit, take away from, reinterpret, or add to the Bible. Cults try to circumvent God’s Word with something else. It is the same old lie from the beginning repeated over and over in different forms. The Serpent, who was more subtil (or crafty), appeared to Eve to cause her to doubt God’s Word; as it is written, HATH GOD SAID?-ref Gen 3:1. Then he told her YE SHALL BE AS GODS-Gen 3:5.
Blasphemous doctrines have emerged—all of which have one purpose—to lead people into error regarding what the Bible says. The ONE GOD manifested in three, eternally existing Persons (the Trinity—God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit) is redefined, discredited, or said to be wrong. In some, God the Father is redefined or said not to even exist. In some, Jesus Christ, Who is come in the flesh, Who created all things, Who is from everlasting to everlasting and now sits at the right hand of God the Father is redefined or said not to even exist. In some, the Holy Spirit is redefined, likened unto a force, or said not to even exist-ref John 14:17. In nearly all, salvation through faith in Jesus Christ, apart from all works, as one ’s only hope of salvation is eliminated, changed, or added to. Some do not acknowledge the existence of Satan.. Others say, there is no hell, or it is redefined, or there is a replacement for hell. Doctrines like purgatory are taught along with other ways to get to God. The list goes on and on.
What a horrible time it will be as billions throughout eternity find that their religious cult or own misguided ideas of salvation lead them to the hell most didn ’t believe in, the Great White Throne Judgment, and then to the lake of fire where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth for time without end!
16 – Cults List Details
AFRICA (General information) The African Christian church overall is not in good shape. Despite many good missionaries and well-known evangelists, most Bible schools and churches have little sound doctrine and Bible teaching. It is not uncommon to find the preacher may not even have a Bible. There is little knowledge or understanding of Bible prophecy, the Revelation, Daniel, etc. When asked what they know about Jesus, many in the congregation have little they can answer, yet love to sing and sing. Cults abound, as well as ancestral worship and witchcraft, etc. Many Christian preachers have been seduced and fallen by the wayside by false teachers and Bible schools luring them in with promises of prosperity—church buildings, finances, food, clothing, positions of authority, etc. It is not uncommon for ministers in Africa to pretend they are a born-again in order to get gifts from American missionaries. It is not uncommon for people that have surrendered to Jesus, to later be misled by peer pressure from unsaved overseers in their denomination. Peer pressure can also come from ungodly tribal chiefs. There are few indeed that continue in Christ to the end and are able to resist the many devices and temptations that Satan throws at them. A missionary may be successful in leading many to Christ with good, sound Bible teaching, but when he leaves, the new converts begin to listen to and partake of other teachers, seminars, etc. The sound teaching they had is diluted and begins to fade away. They fall into lukewarmness and some begin seeking for worldly things. “Self” again comes to the forefront—self increases and Christ decreases more and more. Darkness sets in and the darkness blinds their eyes to their true condition. They believe they are still following Christ but are deceived.
The marriages in many parts of Africa are no marriages at all. It has been estimated that 80% of African marriages are not marriages at all. They are nothing more than ungodly tribal traditions or living together with the parent ’s consent. It varies from country to country, and tribe to tribe. Unrealistic dowries are often demanded by ungodly parents. Additional dowries may also be demanded by some parents after children are born. Certain relatives may be involved in the marriage (like an uncle, etc.). Some have many wives, yet claim to be a Christian. We thank God for those that are truly born-again and do not conform to lukewarmness, pressure, and threats.
ALAMO CHRISTIAN FOUNDATION
ANGLO-ISRAELISM (See Christian Identity Movement)
APOSTOLIC Those that emphasize the writings of Paul (or Apostle’s doctrine), as superior to the 4 Gospels, the Revelation, or the Old Testament. Matt 4:4-IT IS WRITTEN, MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE, BUT BY EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDETH OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD. All 66 books of the Bible are the inspired Word of God and proceeded out of the mouth of God.
ARMSTRONGISM (Worldwide Church of God) (and The Plain Truth Magazine). Herbert W. Armstrong’s radio ministry began about 1934. His son, Ted, later took over. They skillfully combine some biblical truth mixed with error and falsehood, leading many people astray. The Bible terminology that this religion uses makes it sound like a true Christian religion. It is a cult. It does not believe in the Trinity as the Bible teaches. Does not believe the Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Trinity. Does believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, but not as the Bible teaches. Baptism is necessary for salvation. Sickness is the result of sin. Appears to believe gentiles must keep the Old Testament Jewish feasts as well as the Sabbath (Saturday). They seem to ignore the teachings in the New Testament that we are not bound by these-ref Col 2:14-17,20.
Does not believe in eternal punishment in the lake of fire. Believes their church is the only source of salvation in the world. Teaches salvation by works. Believes it is possible to eventually become God, a concept also taught by some other religious cults. Appears to believe that Great Britain is Ephraim and that the United States is Manasseh. Seems to follow aspects of British-Israelism. Seems to believe that the Britain and the US are the two lost tribes of Israel. In recent years, there was a split within the organization. Reportedly, a new group emerged that has turned from the false doctrine of Armstrongism and now adheres to the true fundamentals of the Bible, though they continue to be called the Worldwide Church of God.
ASSEMBLIES OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST (See United Pentecostals)
ASTROLOGY(and Horoscopes) – The Bible warns us regarding the practice of Astrology and following Horoscopes and of even seeking it. It is a form of idolatry and iniquity. It is denying the Lord. It corrupts people. It is wickedness and an abomination. Those that practice such things and do not repent shall reap a horrible judgment. Regretfully, many that claim to be a Christian practice this abomination. They shall surely perish unless they repent.
The Lord warns in these verses that the practice of astrology can corrupt you. Take heed is a warning for a person not to even consider doing it. It is written:
- Deut 4:15-16,19 Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves;…Lest ye corrupt yourselves,… and lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.
The practice of astrology is called by God as wickedness. It is the same as serving other gods. It is called by God as an abomination. The penalty for any man or woman that does such things is death by stoning. It is written:
- Deut 17:2-5 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates,… man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant, And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; And it be told thee,… and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel: Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
The practice of Astrology isIdolatry. It is written:
- 2 Kings 23:5 and he put down the Idolatrous Priests,…them also that Burned Incense…to the Sun, and to the Moon, and to the Planets, and to all the Host of Heaven.
Astrology is iniquity to be punished. It is written:
- Job 31:26-27 If I beheld the sun when it shined, or the moon walking inbrightness;
And my heart hath been secretly enticed, or my mouth hath kissed my hand: And my heart hath been secretly enticed, or my mouth hath kissed my hand: This also were an iniquity to be punished by the Judge: for I should have denied the God that is above.
The practice of astrology, the love of astrology, serving, inquiring after, or following the advice of horoscopes, or seeking guidance through astrology, all these are considered forms of worship. It is backsliding. It is deceit. It is wickedness. Those that do it do not know the judgment of the Lord.
- Jer 8:1-3 At that time, saith the LORD, they shall bring out the bones of the kings of Judah, and …princes, and… priests, and… prophets, and…of the inhabitants of Jerusalem, out of their graves: And they shall spread them before the sun, and the moon, and all the host of heaven, whom they have loved, and whom they have served, and after whom they have walked, and whom they have sought, and whom they have worshipped: they shall not be gathered, nor be buried; they shall be for dung upon the face of the earth. And death shall be chosen rather than life by all the residue of them that remain of this evil family, which remain in all the places whither I have driven them, saith the LORD of hosts.
- Jer 8:5-7 Why then is this people of Jerusalem slidden back by a perpetual backsliding? they hold fast deceit, they refuse to return. I hearkened and heard, but they spake not aright: no man repented him of his wickedness, saying, What have I done? every one turned to his course, as the horse rusheth into the battle. Yea, the stork in the heaven knoweth her appointed times; and the turtle and the crane and the swallow observe the time of their coming; but my people know not the judgment of the LORD.
ATHEISM A person that believes or thinks he knows there is no God. How ironic that some may spend much of their life fighting against something they don’t even believe exists.
BAHAISMTheir God (Brahma) is not the God of the Bible, but a god or essence that cannot be described. God is in everyone. The person within self is divine. Christ is just another divine leader. Sin is not to be considered. Doing more good than bad can promote a person through reincarnation. Wrong doing in a past life causes suffering in this life. There is no heaven or hell. Ultimately, you can achieve, through many reincarnations, a state of knowing you are God, at which time no more reincarnations will happen. Some religions from the East include: Bahaism, Divine Light Mission, Krishna Consciousness, TM or Transcendental Meditation, Vedanta Society, Yoga, Zen Buddhism.
BIBLE WAY CHURCHES OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST (See United Pentecostals)
BLACK MUSLIM This movement goes back to around 1925. One of its members was Malcolm X. An aggressive movement, at times using violence and instigating riots. It is against Christianity, as it incorrectly believes Christianity is a white man’s religion. It seems to exist mainly in the USA. Elijah Muhammad, its leader for a long time, taught the black man originally lived on the moon 66 trillion years ago. Afterward, the black man settled in what is now Mecca. They believe Allah is black and that heaven and hell are conditions on this earth right now. It has little resemblance to orthodox Islam and orthodox Muslims do not recognize the movement in any way. Parts of this taken from The Bible Says by Howard C. Estep, c. March 15, 1985.
BOOKS ON THE OCCULT
BOSTON CHURCH OF CHRIST (See Church of Christ)
BUDDHISM Buddhism arose about 1400 years ago. Buddha is not a God, but rather an example. It may be said that this religion is to overcome ignorance and acknowledge hurts and unhappiness, which comes from desires. The way to escape our desires and thus stop hurts, unhappiness, and reincarnation is the Noble Eightfold Path of Buddhism. This religion may be said to be a search within oneself for enlightenment, to have a mind that is clear, to truly understand self and motives, to cease craving, and attain inner self-denial. The aim is to extinguish self or attain Nirvana as the extinguishing of a flame. They follow 5 rules. It neither accepts or denies the existence of God. Sin is not an issue. There are different sects of this cult, which is said to have 500 million followers.
- Read More at so4j.com/
- All Rights Reserved. Content Copyright ©2017 “Srhnews.blog the ” Srhnews.blog ” logo, are Trademarks of the Srhnews.blog – All Rights Reserved